September 22, 2011 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Cost $5.00 per person
Pre-registration required. Cost is $5.00 per person. Call 751-3569 to reserve your place. Seating is limited. No small children, please.
Class held at: Abundant Love Family Worship Center, 2525 Dunn Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32218
Here’s what you’ll learn:
1. Credit – what is a credit and how do I accumulate them and how many are required for high school graduation and college admission.
2. Scholarship info; Bright Futures, etc.
3. What is a transcript and how do I create one? (Examples will be available.)
4. What if I don’t “feel” qualified to teach a subject; i.e., math, sciences, etc.? Discussion of tutors, co-ops, Florida Virtual School, etc.
5. Can my middle-schooler earn credits? If so, how?
6. Question/Answer session.
7. Gameplan – planning your high school years.
This workshop is presented by Joanne Mastronicola, a home schooling mother whose oldest child is now in college with the benefit of three scholarships. Her second daughter graduated from Aveda in Tallahassee, and her son is now at FSCJ.
For several years, Joanne has worked with high school student paperwork in Eunice Christian School , a private school composed exclusively of home schooled students, and has been teaching in a high school co-op. Come glean from her experience!
Her book “Piecing Together the High School Puzzle” has proven to be an invaluable resource for home schooling your high schooler in Florida!